Pre-K Enrollment & Information
Pre-Kindergarten is a state-funded, full-day program that follows the State of Texas PreK Guidelines which include language and literacy development, math skills, physical development and motor skills, social and emotional development, music, art, and other competencies to help prepare them for success in Kindergarten and beyond. This program serves children who are four years old on or before September 1st.
Pre-K Requirements and Enrollment Information
A child is eligible for Pre-Kindergarten if the child is 4-years– old on or before September 1, of the current school year and must be eligible by at least one of the follow reasons:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English Language (an assessment will be given)
- is educationally disadvantaged (family whose income would meet the same requirement as the national free and reduced price lunch program)
- is a homeless child
- is the child of an active duty member of the Armed Forces, including state military forces or reserve component of the Armed Forces, who is ordered to active duty
- is the child of a member of the Armed Forces, including state military forces or a reserve component of the Armed Forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
For Pre-Kindergarten enrollment, you need the child's:
- Birth certificate (original)
- Complete, up-to-date, Immunization Record that is verified by a physician or health clinic
Pre-K Immunization Requirements
- Household's proof of income (if needed for eligibility) ex. current income tax form or payroll stubs for 6 months
- Proof of residency (Ex. Utility bill, rental contract, proof of home purchase)
- Social Security Card (original)
- Official documents providing proof for any other eligible reason for enrollment
Start your Online Enrollment today!