Meet Our Superintendent
Dr. Gayle Stinson firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 940-497-8401
Dr. Gayle Stinson, a native of Lake Dallas and Lake Dallas ISD, has served as the Falcon superintendent since 2007. During her tenure, Dr. Stinson has steered the district to focus on providing high-level educational opportunities and extracurricular activities while maintaining a small-school, community-focused atmosphere.
Prior to joining Lake Dallas ISD as superintendent, Dr. Stinson served as superintendent for Atlanta ISD and assistant superintendent for Texarkana ISD. Notably, she is also a former Lake Dallas ISD teacher and coach, having spent multiple years earlier in her career at the district. She earned her bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas at Austin, her master’s degree from the Texas A&M system and her doctoral degree from Lamar University.
Dr. Stinson began her career in education in 1992 and has served at nearly every level in the profession. She started her career as a teacher and coach before moving into administration, where she has served as an assistant principal, principal of all levels K-12 and assistant superintendent.
Under her leadership, Lake Dallas ISD and its schools have undergone several advancements and earned many accolades. Highlights of the district under her tenure include:
- Revitalizing Schools: Through the community support of bond elections, Lake Dallas ISD has replaced two aging campuses and modernized its remaining campuses to ensure students have access to high-quality educational environments.
- 1:1 Technology: Every child in Lake Dallas ISD has access to a Chromebook, providing students with the resources needed to succeed in an increasingly technology-driven world both in their day-to-day lives and in their professional careers upon graduation.
- Leadership Academies: By implementing the Leader in Me program at all three district elementary schools, children will begin their academic journeys in Lake Dallas ISD with a focus on leadership skills and working well with others.
- Fire Academy: In 2015, the district partnered with the Lake Cities Fire Department and North Central Texas College to open the Lake Dallas High School Fire Academy, providing students with an educational path into a first-responder career at a fire department or EMT organization.
- University Partnerships: Lake Dallas ISD has partnered with the University of North Texas to accept the top 20% of Falcon junior class members and Texas Woman's University to accept the top 25% of Falcon junior class members.
Throughout her career, Dr. Stinson has earned several top professional honors. In 2003, the Texas Association of Secondary School Principals named her Principal of the Year. In 2011, Dr. Stinson earned the honor of Region XI Superintendent of the Year, an award given to the top school district leader in an area encompassing more than 75 school districts. She went on to be named one of just five State Finalists for the Texas Superintendent of the Year award. She has also been recognized by her alma maters, earning the Outstanding Young Texas Ex from the University of Texas at Austin in 2007 and the 2013-14 Outstanding Doctoral Student from Lamar University following the completion of her doctorate in 2013.
Serving her local and state communities has remained a priority for Dr. Stinson throughout her time at Lake Dallas ISD, representing the best interests of public schools and the community. At the statewide level, she currently serves as president of the Texas Association of Suburban/Mid-Urban Schools and is the president-elect of the Texas Association of Mid-Sized Schools. She is a past president of the Texas Association of School Administrators, the top organization for superintendents and education administrators in the state. At the local level, Dr. Stinson serves on the board of DATCU and is an active member of the Lake Cities Chamber of Commerce, which named her its Citizen of the Year in 2018.
Her feedback has been sought by state leaders, as she serves on the Texas Education Agency Commissioner’s Cabinet and the Governor’s Superintendent Advisory Committee. Advocating for the interests of students and educators on these bodies as well as through other avenues is her overriding passion.
Dr. Stinson is married to Trent Stinson and they have three children, all of whom attend LDISD schools and are active members of the Falcon Family.
- President, Texas Association of Suburban/Mid-Urban Schools
- President-elect, Texas Association of Mid-Sized Schools
- Past President and Member, Texas Association of School Administrators
- Member, Texas Education Agency Commissioner's Cabinet
- Member, Governor's Superintendent Advisory Committee
- Member, Lake Cities Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, DATCU
- 2018 Lake Cities Chamber of Commerce Citizen of the Year
- 2013-14 Lamar University Outstanding Doctoral Student
- 2011 Region XI Superintendent of the Year
- 2011 Texas Superintendent of the Year Finalist
- 2007 University of Texas at Austin Outstanding Young Texas Ex
- 2003 Texas Association of Secondary School Principals' Principal of the Year