Welcome to Study Skills!
This class will meet in room 207.
Tutorials are as follows: Monday through Friday mornings 7:45-8:15 and Monday through Thursday afternoons 3:45-4:15.
In order to view all recent assignments, you must select "all categories," the current month, and year you wish to view. Assignments will not display correctly if you do not make these selections.
Study Skills is a course developed to address several important areas in the lives of students to enable them to be successful while they are making their way through their high school years and beyond. The first part of the class will focus on teaching students strategies to help them become more efficient and effective learners.. Some of the strategies covered are:
- · Organization
- · Note Taking
- · Learning styles
- · Time management
- · Stress management
- · Memorization
- · Test Anxiety
- · Goal Setting
- · Strengths and Weaknesses
- · Listening
- · Learning Attitude
1. Students will know their Skyward password-(This gives the student an opportunity to become responsible for their grades and missing work).
2. Students will bring materials to class including specific assignment materials to receive help.
3. Students will know their IEP accommodations and how to request them.
4. Students will be involved in writing their IEPs.
5. Students will use time wisely in class.
6. Students will keep materials organized.