Warm Ups for the 2nd Semester 2020
These Warm ups will be given 3 weeks at a time to be used for make-up purposes only due to missed days, other school functions, etc.
CUT AND PASTED WARM UPS FROM THIS PAGE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON ANY WARM UP QUIZZES!!
ONLY HANDWRITTEN WARM UPS FROM THE WARM UP JOURNAL WILL BE ALLOWED
- Define precedent.
- What was the Judiciary Act of 1789?
- What is the national debt?
- What are Bonds?
- What are speculators?
- What does loose construction mean?
- What does strict construction mean?
- What is the Bank of the United States?
- What was the French Revolution?
- What was the Neutrality Proclamation?
- What were privateers?
- What was Jay’s Treaty?
- What was Pinckney’s Treaty?
- What happened in the Battle of Fallen timbers?
- What was the Treaty of Greenville?
- What was the Whiskey Rebellion?
- What are political parties?
- What was the Federalist Party?
- What was the Democratic Republican Party?
- What was the XYZ Affair?
- What were the Alien & Sedition Acts?
- What were the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions?
- What happened in Marbury v. Madison?
- Define judicial review?
- What was the Louisiana Purchase?
- Who was Meriweather Lewis?
- Who was William Clark?
- Define Corps.
- Who was Sacagawea?
- Who was Zebulon Pike?
- Define impressment.
- What was the USS Constitution?
- What was the Embargo Act of 1807?
- Define embargo?
- What was the Non-Intercourse Act?
- What happened at the Battle of Tippecanoe?
- Who was Tecumseh?
- Who were the War Hawks?
- Who was James Madison?
- Who was Oliver Hazard Perry?
- What happened in the Battle of Lake Erie?
- What was the Treaty of Fort Jackson?
- What happened in the Battle of New Orleans?
- What was the Hartford Convention?
- What was the Treaty of Ghent?
- What are consequences?
- What was the Rush-Bagot Agreement?
- What happened at the Convention of 1818?
- Who was James Monroe?
- What was the Adams –Onis Treaty?
- Who was Simon Bolivar?
- Define circumstances.
- What was the Monroe Doctrine?
- Define Nationalism.
- What was the American System?
- Who was Henry Clay?
- Where is the Cumberland Road?
- What is the Erie Canal?
- What was the Era of Good Feelings?
- Define Sectionalism.
- What was the Missouri Compromise?
- Who was John Quincy Adams?
- Who was Washington Irving?
- Who was James Fenimore Cooper?
- What was the Hudson River School?
- Who was Thomas Cole?
- Who was George Caleb Bingham?
- Define conclusion.
- What are nominating conventions?
- What was Jacksonian Democracy?
- What is the Democratic Party?
- Who was John C. Calhoun?
- What is the spoils system?
- Who was Martin Van Buren?
- What was the Kitchen Cabinet?
- What was the Tariff of Abominations?
- What was the States Rights Doctrine?
- What led to the nullification crisis?
- Who was Daniel Webster?
- What was McCulloch v Maryland?
- What was the Whig Party?
- What was the Panic of 1837?
- Who was William Henry Harrison?
- What was the Indian Removal Act
- Where was the Indian Territory?
- What was the Bureau of Indian Affairs?
- Who was Sequoya?
- Define contemporary?
- What was Worcester v Georgia?
- What was the Trail of Tears?
- Who was Chief Black Hawk?
- Who was Osceola?
- Who was John Jacob Astor?
- What were mountain men?
- Where was the Oregon Trail?
- Where was the Santa Fe Trail?
- Who were the Mormons?
- Who was Brigham Young?
- Who was Father Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla?
- What were empresarios?
- Who was Stephen F Austin?
- Who was Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna?
- Define explicit?
- What was the Alamo.
- What happened at the Battle of San Jacinto?
- Who was James K Polk?
- Define Manifest Destiny.
- What are Vaqueros?
- Who were the Californios?
- Define element?
- What was the Bear Flag Revolt?
- What was the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo?
- What was the Gadsden Purchase?
- Who was John Sutter?
- What was the Donner Party?
- Who were the forty-niners?
- What does prospect mean?
- What were Placer miners?
- Define cause?
- Define effect?
- What was the Industrial Revolution?
- What are textiles?
- Who was Richard Arkwright?
- Define efficient.
- Who was Samuel Slater?
- What is technology?
- Who was Eli Whitney?
- What are interchangeable parts?
- Define mass production.
- What was the Rhode Island System?
- Where was the first Lowell mill?
- Who was Francis Cabot Lowell?
- What was the Lowell System?
- What are trade unions?
- What are strikes?
- Who was Sarah G Bagley?
- What does concrete mean?
- What was the Transportation Revolution?
- Who was Robert Fulton?
- What was the Clermont?
- What was Gibbons v Ogden?
Due to our current situation with remote learning and online instruction, there will be no further Warm Ups (beyond 3/13) until further notice.