When your child reads, listen to be sure that what they say makes sense and looks right. You can help by letting the child do as much of the work as possible. Give them time to notice if they make a mistake and the time to try to fix it. If they can't fix it by themselves, just tell them the word so they can keep on reading. You should also help them to read so that it "sounds like talking" to help them increase their fluency.
* Ask questions about what is being read to make sure your child understands what they just read.
* Rereading books and stories several times is good to help your child with fluency.
* Take your child to the library to read and check out books.
* Make reading a priority in your home.
* YOU are your child's most influential teacher. Children learn to do what you do !
PLEASE READ WITH YOUR CHILD EVERY NIGHT!