May 2022 Election
3 Ginger Collier – 60.28 % with 733 votes
Aaron Appleby – 39.72% with 483 votes
4 Scott Baird – 69.91% with 869 votes
Nikki Carlisle – 30.09% with 374 votes
7 Bruce Smith – 57.35% with 714 votes
Carlos Ortiz – 42.65% with 531 votes
About the Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees consists of seven members elected to serve for overlapping terms of three years each. Elections are conducted in May in accordance with the Texas Secretary of State Uniform Election Calendar. While candidates run for specific places, they do not represent specific geographical areas; rather, each represents Lake Dallas ISD at large.
Application and Election Timeline
- Application for Ballot Filing - Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 8:00 am
- Deadline for filing Application for Ballot - Friday, February 18, 2022, 5:00 pm
- Deadline to file Declaration of write-in candidacy - Tuesday, February 22, 2022
- Order of Ballot drawing - Monday, February 28, 2022 - 4:30 pm
- Early voting - Monday, April 25, 2022 - Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Election Day - Saturday, May 7, 2022
You must file an application for a place on the ballot. If you’d like to have a Board Candidate Packet emailed to you, please click here to request one. The packets are also available at LDISD Central Services located at 104 Swisher Road, Lake Dallas 75065. (available January 19, 2022, 8 am)
All documents must be filed in the Superintendent’s Office in person, by mail, or by e-mail by the filing deadline. Note: The application must be notarized prior to filing via e-mail.
7 Carlos Ortiz View CTA 4 Scotty Baird View CTA 3 Aaron Appleby View CTA 3 Ginger Collier View CTA 4 Nicole Carlisle View CTA 7 Bruce Smith View CTA
Note: Candidate filings for each place are listed in the order the application was received. If a candidate declares modified reporting and does not accept more than $940 in political contributions or make more than $940 in political expenditures, the candidate is not required to file pre-election Campaign Finance Reports.
In May of 2022, Places 3, 4 and 7 will be on the ballot.
- Notice of Election
- Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot
- Order of Election
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for a Place on the Ballot 2022
- Internet Posting Requirements for Political Subdivisions
Posted on the Notice of Election
104 Swisher Road, Lake Dallas 75065
Phone (940) 497-4039