Students will have the opportunity to work in all aspects of the production of a 40-minute play. During the production of the play they will be able:
- to satisfy the competitive, artistic spirit with friendly rivalry among schools, emphasizing high quality performance in this creative art;
- to foster appreciation of good acting, good directing and good drama;
- to promote interest in that art form most readily usable in leisure time during adult life;
- to learn to lose or win graciously, accepting in good sportsmanship the judge's decision and criticism with a view to improve future productions; and
- to increase the number of schools that have adopted theatre arts as an academic subject in school curricula.