Many internet providers are offering free or reduced services to assist families in need during this period of “at-home learning.”
A few notes to consider:
- The service providers listed may not supply internet service to all areas, so you will need to check with the provider to confirm eligibility at your address.
- Lake Dallas ISD has no formal associations with any of the companies and providers listed below. Listing a company does not imply an endorsement of their service.
Internet Providers with Offers for At-Home Learning
Charter / Spectrum COVID-19 response: offer free Spectrum broadband internet and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps.
Verizon COVID-19 response: Waives overage charges and late fees, two months waived internet and voice service charges for current Lifeline customers and new affordable internet option for low-income households, and agrees to FCC pledge below. (Updated March 22)
Sprint COVID-19 response: providing unlimited data to existing customers and allows all handsets (smartphones) to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge
On Friday, March 13, 2020, many broadband internet and mobile phone providers agreed to the FCC’s “Keep Americans Connected Pledge."
- This agreement reads as follows:
Given the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on American society, [[Company Name]] pledges for the next 60 days to:
- not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic;
- waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to the coronavirus pandemic; and
- open its Wi-Fi hotspots to any American who needs them.