FINAL ELECTION 2021 RESULTS
Glen Gowans - 27.17% with 341 votes
Stephen Richardson - 72.83% with 873 votes
Omar Flores – 38.29% with 442 votes
Alicia M McKinley – 54.09% with 666 votes
Orlin Chotev - 7.62% with 77 votes
1 Glen Gowans View CTA, Final 1 Stephen Richardson View CTA, 30 Day, 8 Day 2 Omar Flores View CTA 2 Alicia McKinley View CTA, Final 2 Orlin Chotev View CTA
About the Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees consists of seven members elected to serve for overlapping terms of three years each. Elections are conducted in May in accordance with the Texas Secretary of State Uniform Election Calendar. While candidates run for specific places, they do not represent specific geographical areas; rather, each represents Lake Dallas ISD at large.
Application and Election Timeline
- Application for Ballot Filing Starts - Wednesday, January 13 @ 8:00 a.m.
- Deadline for filing Application for Ballot - Friday, February 12 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Deadline to file Declaration of write-in candidacy – Tuesday, February 16 @ 5 pm
- Order of Ballot drawing – Monday, February 22
- Early voting – Monday, April 19 to Tuesday, April 27
- Election Day – Saturday, May 1, 7 am – 7 pm
You must file an application for a place on the ballot. If you’d like to have a Board Candidate Packet emailed to you, please click here to request one. The packets are also available at LDISD Central Services located at 104 Swisher Road, Lake Dallas 75065.
All documents must be filed in the Superintendent’s Office no later than Friday, February 12, at 5 p.m., in person, by mail, or by e-mail by the filing deadline. Note: The application must be notarized prior to filing via e-mail.
In May of 2021, Places 1 and 2 will be on the ballot.
To be determined by the Denton County Elections Office
104 Swisher Road, Lake Dallas 75065
Phone (940) 497-4039