Potential reasons for Approval/Denial of Transfers
- Space/program availability.
- Student meets all required criteria.
- Change of residence during the school year.
If the student comes from Home School, Private School or Non-Accredited School:
- Satisfactory scores on District administered test at 70th percentile or above.
- History of poor attendance, late arrivals, late pick-ups, and/or discipline infractions.
- For the purpose of participating in athletics at receiving campus.
- Falsification of information.
- Failing grades.
- Failing state mandated test scores.
- Failure to meet district criteria for transfer.
- Decreased campus staffing.
- Elementary projection exceeds 20 per class for K-4.
- Elementary projection exceeds 22 per class for fifth grade.
- Student projections reach 95% of campus/program capacity (the district reserves the right to adjust class size
- Failure to submit all records from previous district.
- Students entering kindergarten are exempt from attendance and academic standards.
- Students who move from one high school to another are ineligible for varsity competition for one year per UIL rules.
- Students who transfer for athletic purposes may lose all remaining eligibility.
The campus Principal may revoke a transfer based on the student's poor attendance, excessive tardies, inappropriate student behavior, or violations to student code of conduct.
Additional Information: Office of Student Services at 940-497-4039.