Back to School
The First Day of School is Thursday, August 11, 2022.
Important dates can be seen below; expect additional information about these dates from your campus.
Use the links on this page to find information on supply lists, immunization requirements, registration, COVID-19 response, and construction updates. For those who qualify for bus service, the registration form is now open at this link.
- Class Schedules Available: All parents and guardians of elementary students will be able to view their students’ teachers/classes beginning Tuesday, August 9. These will be accessible in Skyward Family Access.
- Meet the Teacher: All three elementary schools – Corinth, Lake Dallas, and Shady Shores – will host a Meet the Teacher event on Tuesday, August 9. The event will last from 5-7 p.m.; families with last names starting with A-M will attend from 5-6 p.m., while families with last names starting with N-Z will attend from 6-7 p.m.
- Class Schedules Available: All Lake Dallas Middle School students/families will be able to view their class schedules in Skyward Family Access beginning Tuesday, August 2.
- Falcon Camp: Lake Dallas Middle School will welcome incoming sixth-graders on Tuesday, August 8. To view the details of Falcon Camp, click here.
- New Falcon Tours: LDMS student council will host a come-and-go welcome event on Tuesday, August 8 for any new 7th or 8th graders that are new to the district or 6th graders that were not able to attend falcon camp. School supplies may be dropped off during this time for all grade levels. To view the details of this event, click here.
- Class Schedules Available: As with the middle school, all Lake Dallas High School students/families will be able to view their class schedules in Skyward Family Access beginning Tuesday, August 2.
- Parking Passes: Parking passes will go on sale after school begins. Students will be able to park without problems during the start of school.
- Please be aware that because of ongoing construction in the high school, we will not be able to host Fish Camp this year. For anyone new to LDHS who needs assistance, please feel free to reach out to the school staff with any questions. All teachers and staff will return to campuses on Thursday, Aug. 5.
As we prepare for the upcoming school year, Lake Dallas ISD looks forward to welcoming all of our students back to campus. As a reminder, due to a lack of legislative funding and resources for virtual learning, all Lake Dallas ISD students will return to on-campus learning for the 2021-2022 school year.
To ensure safe in-person learning experiences, the following COVID-19 protocols will be in place for all district facilities during the 2021-2022 school year:
- On-campus learning will be the only instructional model offered in Lake Dallas ISD for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Per a state mandate, masks will be optional for all students, staff, and visitors—at all times.
- The District will continue with a rigorous cleaning and disinfecting schedule for all campuses and school buses throughout the 2021-2022 school year.
- Hand sanitation dispensers will be readily available on all campuses and all students and staff will be expected to follow recommended hand washing procedures, as appropriate.
- Lake Dallas ISD will notify all staff and parents via a daily email if there is a confirmed positive COVID-19 case on their campus.
- Staff and students who receive a lab-confirmed positive test result for COVID-19 will be required to self-isolate for 10 days following a positive test.
- Contact tracing will not be required, and students and staff will not be required to quarantine as a result of exposure or potential exposure.
- The District will continue to serve immunocompromised students on a case-by-case basis through homebound services with the proper physician documentation.
- Since the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) is no longer in effect, all staff will be required to use their accrued days during any COVID-19 isolation.
To learn more about reporting a positive test, please visit the COVID-19 webpage by clicking here.
If parents have any questions about our COVID-19 response, they are encouraged to contact their child’s campus directly. Staff members should contact their supervisor with any questions.
As always, the District is committed to creating a safe learning environment for our students and staff, and we will continue to work with local and state health officials to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in the community. We thank you for your continued flexibility and support as we all work together to keep the Lake Dallas ISD community safe.