Lake Dallas ISD cares about our community and all of our decision-making is geared toward protecting the health and safety of our students and staff.
Student Reporting Process
Parents of students with a positive test should contact the school nurse on the campus their child attends.
To ensure safe in-person learning experiences, the following COVID-19 protocols will be in place for all District facilities during the 2021-2022 school year:
- On-campus learning will be the only instructional model offered in Lake Dallas ISD for the 2021-2022 school year
- Per a state mandate, masks will be optional for all students, staff, and visitors—at all times
- The District will clean and disinfect campus classrooms at the request of the principal due to an increase of cases in the classroom
- Hand sanitation dispensers will be readily available on all campuses and all students and staff will be expected to follow recommended handwashing procedures, as appropriate
- Lake Dallas ISD will notify all staff and parents via a daily email if there is a confirmed positive COVID-19 case on their campus
- Lake Dallas ISD will notify specific staff and parents via an additional daily email if there is a confirmed positive COVID-19 case within any classroom or extracurricular activity
- Students who receive a test confirmed positive test result for COVID-19 will be required to self-isolate for 10 days following a positive test
- Similar to students, school systems must exclude staff from attending school in person who is actively sick with COVID-19, who are suspected of being actively sick with COVID-19, or who have received a positive test result for COVID-19. Based on recent updates from the CDC, staff may return when:
• If symptomatic, at least 5 days have passed since symptom onset, and fever-free* and other symptoms have improved.
• For those with no symptoms, at least 5 days after the day they tested positive.
*Fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever suppressing medications. Fever is a temperature of 100° Fahrenheit (37.8° Celsius) or higher.
- Students and staff will not be required to quarantine as a result of exposure or potential exposure
- The District will continue to serve immunocompromised students on a case-by-case basis through homebound services with the proper physician documentation
If parents have any questions about our COVID-19 response, they are encouraged to contact their child’s campus directly. Staff members should contact their supervisor with any questions.
As always, the District is committed to creating a safe learning environment for our students and staff, and we will continue to work with local and state health officials to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in the community. We thank you for your continued flexibility and support as we all work together to keep the Lake Dallas ISD community safe.