2021-22 School Year
Lake Dallas ISD is excited to welcome students back for the 2021-22 school year. COVID-19 remains an issue across the state, nation and world, and Lake Dallas ISD will continue to monitor the virus and its effects within our community.
To ensure safe in-person learning experiences, the following COVID-19 protocols will be in place for all District facilities during the 2021-2022 school year:
- On-campus learning will be the only instructional model offered in Lake Dallas ISD for the 2021-2022 school year
- Per a state mandate, masks will be optional for all students, staff, and visitors—at all times
- The District will continue with rigorous cleaning and disinfecting schedule for all campuses and school buses throughout the 2021-2022 school year
- Hand sanitation dispensers will be readily available on all campuses and all students and staff will be expected to follow recommended handwashing procedures, as appropriate
- Lake Dallas ISD will notify all staff and parents via a daily email if there is a confirmed positive COVID-19 case on their campus
- Lake Dallas ISD will notify specific staff and parents via an additional daily email if there is a confirmed positive COVID-19 case within any classroom or extracurricular activity
- Staff and students who receive a lab-confirmed positive test result for COVID-19 will be required to self-isolate for 10 days following a positive test
- Students and staff will not be required to quarantine as a result of exposure or potential exposure
- The District will continue to serve immunocompromised students on a case-by-case basis through homebound services with the proper physician documentation
- Since the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) is no longer in effect, all staff will be required to use their accrued days during any COVID-19 isolation
If parents have any questions about our COVID-19 response, they are encouraged to contact their child’s campus directly. Staff members should contact their supervisor with any questions.
As always, the District is committed to creating a safe learning environment for our students and staff, and we will continue to work with local and state health officials to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in the community. We thank you for your continued flexibility and support as we all work together to keep the Lake Dallas ISD community safe.
COVID-19 Mitigation, Changes from 2020-21
For the 2021-22 school year, Lake Dallas ISD will transition back to full in-person learning and remove several COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Highlights for the year are as follows:
- In-Person Learning: All learning will take place on campus during the school year. While the TEA issued a statewide waiver that allowed virtual learning in 2020-21, that waiver has since expired. Additionally, the Texas Legislature did not pass any bills that would make virtual learning feasible. As such, all learning will return to campuses and virtual learning will not be available.
- Face Coverings Optional: Every person in a Lake Dallas ISD school or facility, including both students and teachers, has the option of wearing a mask designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19 or any communicable disease. Families are free to make the decision they feel is appropriate for themselves. At the end of the 2020-21 school year, the Texas governor issued an order that banned the requirement of masks in public schools. As such, Lake Dallas ISD has no plans to require masks during the 2021-22 school year.
- Hand Sanitization Stations Available: Last school year, Lake Dallas ISD invested in several hand sanitization stations for each campus, and these stations will continue to remain available. Washing hands or using hand sanitizer when appropriate remains a positive health practice, both during the pandemic and at any time, and we encourage individuals to use them frequently.
- Regular Cleaning of Schools: Schools will continue to be cleaned at the regular rate they were during the 2020-21 school year to promote healthy practices across the district. Janitors and other cleaning personnel focus on heavily touched areas to prevent the spread of germs.
As required by ESSER grant guidelines, Lake Dallas ISD will continue to update this information as the school year progresses if and when changes are made.
Important Start Dates
Several important dates will help families for the new school year, providing them with information about student schedules and more. See the list below for important dates to know.
- Aug. 3: All secondary student schedules (for Lake Dallas Middle School and Lake Dallas High School) will become available in Skyward Family Access.
- Aug. 5: All teachers will return to campuses, as will any remaining staff members who have not yet return, and can be reached for questions.
- Aug. 9: All elementary teacher and classroom assignments (for Corinth, Lake Dallas and Shady Shores elementary schools) will become available in Skyward Family Access.
- Aug. 10: Elementary schools will host Meet the Teacher events, and Lake Dallas Middle School will host Falcon Camp for incoming sixth-graders.
- Meet the Teacher events for elementary schools will take place from 5-7 p.m. Families with last names beginning with A-L are invited from 5-6 p.m., while families with last names beginning with M-Z are invited from 6-7 p.m.
- Information about Lake Dallas Middle School's Falcon Camp can be seen in this flyer.
- Aug. 12: The 2021-22 school year begins.