Weekly Update - April 26, 2020
Posted by LDISD Communications on 4/26/2020
Dear Falcon Families,
As much as we miss our students and our families, the difficult decisions made by our state and local leaders are to protect the health and safety of our Falcon community. The COVID-19 pandemic has created challenges never before imagined, and we are proud that as a district we have risen to meet many of those challenges. As our students dive back into learning this week, we have no doubt that our teachers, counselors, administrators and other staff will continue to do what they do best -- take care of kids.
New This Week:
- Progress Reports: Thank you for partnering with us in your student’s learning. We appreciate all the effort from students, parents, teachers, and staff to help ensure that our focus on learning continues. We are sharing student academic progress reports this week with our families via their child(ren)’s school.
- Personal Item Pickup: The District is utilizing plans that allow teachers to safely enter their classrooms to gather their personal items, as well as items left in the classrooms, fine arts and athletics areas by students. Student items will be placed in bags with the student’s name on the bag. Once this is done, the individual campuses will communicate the plan for curbside pickup to parents and students. (Parents/students will NOT be allowed in the building.)
- Enrollment, Enrollment, Enrollment! Even with the facility closure, we are busy planning for next year and need your help to continue that process.
- Returning Student Enrollment - It’s time to complete your On-line Returning Student registration that LDISD runs from April 1 to July 31 each year. To register your student for the 2020-21 school year, please log in to Family Access to complete the registration for your student.
- Kindergarten Enrollment - Class of 2033 Kindergarten Registration is OPEN and parents can start the process online. Click Here for Kindergarten & Pre-K Registration details.
- Open Enrollment/Transfer Enrollment - LDISD is accepting Open Enrollment Applications for resident and non-resident students! Click here to find out how to become a Falcon for the 2020-2021 school year or continue your transfer status.
As we continue remote academics with students and work on plans for next year, we don’t want to lose sight of the importance of taking care of ourselves. The LDISD Leadership Team recognizes the stressors our families and students face as a result of COVID-19 and the statewide school shut down. Our counseling staff is ready and available to assist you with needs you may have during this time. Don’t hesitate to reach out to them. Contact information is posted on each campus @home page under Counseling as well as on our website on the Counseling Department page: https://www.ldisd.net/Domain/1476.
Change of this magnitude is hard. We’ve all been through a lot in the last few weeks and, unfortunately, much is still unknown. So, we encourage you to take care of yourself and each other. By practicing patience and extending an abundance of grace, we will get through this...together.
Thank you for choosing to be a part of the Falcon Family.
LDISD Leadership Team